Large Vestine Green Bowl
- Dimensions: 12" diameter x 3" height
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl and 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl.
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth.
- Ethically crafted in rural Rwanda.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the bowl, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Named after its maker expert weaver Vestine, the Vestine Green Woven Bowl was inspired by a fabric Vestine found. It is a challenge for most weavers to take an established pattern and weave it with perfect balance and excellence in every stitch, but Vestine has a gift. In this new bowl, she shares her gift with all of us.
Bring ethical, fair trade beauty into your home décor.