Large Akazi Bowl
- Dimensions: 12" diameter x 3" height
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl and 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl.
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth.
- Ethically crafted in rural Rwanda.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the bowl, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Bring ethical, fair trade beauty into your home décor.
Local + Lejos Collection Akazi Bowls are both functional and decorative, with a distinct geometric pattern fit for a modern home. Use to store fruit, jewelry, or alternatively, hang on the wall as an accent piece. This best selling design draws from traditional Rwandan patterns.